Welcome to San Ramon Regional Medical Center. In preparation for your upcoming visit, we want to provide you with some important information to make your stay with us as smooth as possible.
Preparing for your procedure
To help minimize risk of asymptomatic spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) prior to your procedure we ask that you:
- Follow social distancing and handwashing guidelines. This applies to the person who will be bringing you to and from surgery as well.
- Wash hands frequently using soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissue when you sneeze or cough. Put tissues in the garbage and wash your hands immediately with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Check for the symptoms daily starting 7 days prior to your procedure and notify your proceduralist if you have any of the following:
- Fever ≥ 38.0 C (100.4 F)
- New respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, respiratory distress, sore throat)
We want to perform your procedure in the safest possible circumstances to give you the best chance of recovery. One of our healthcare members will phone you to ask about symptoms and exposure to COVID-19 prior to your procedure.
- Preop COVID-19 testing will be required and made available to you with an order from your surgeon. We will call you to set up an appointment within the week prior to your scheduled procedure. Our Pre-admission will set up an appointment with you to telephone you and prepare you for your procedure.
What to expect on the day of your procedure
- Have your designated person drop you off two hours prior to your procedure start time at the main entrance. One Visitor is allowed to accompany you to the Pre-operative area while you get ready for your surgery or procedure. After you leave
to go to surgery or procedure, your visitor will need to wait in our public lobby area or in their car. At this time, we do not have patient family waiting rooms open.
- Please let us know in advance if you need assistance in getting transported from the entrance to our admitting department.
- Upon entering our facility you will be asked health screening questions by our Admitting personnel. As an extra layer of protection, you will notice our staff will be wearing masks. You will be offered a mask to wear for your safety.
- You will then be escorted to the Preop Area to be checked in and sign appropriate paperwork. Please be sure to include the contact information of your designated point person.
- Our wonderful nursing staff will repeat the health screening questions that our Admitting department asked upon your arrival.
- After you have recovered in our post anesthesia care unit (PACU), you will be moved to your hospital room (if inpatient procedure) or back to the Preop area (if outpatient procedure) until you are ready to go home.
As soon as you are ready to go home, we will coordinate teaching instructions and pick-up with your designated person. One designated person will be allowed back into the pre–op area to review your discharge instructions with you.
San Ramon Regional Medical Center is committed to taking the necessary and critical steps to ensure that patients, visitors and staff in our hospital are safe and remain healthy. Please visit our Visitor Information page for the latest information regarding our visitor policy.
We welcome you to contact us with any questions or concerns at 925-275-8261. We look forward to caring for you.