The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has issued a state mandated public health order regarding visitation within all hospitals in California.
Effective Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2021, all visitors must show proof of full vaccination or provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of entering our facility. Visitors may use either PCR testing or antigen testing as proof.
Examples of acceptable documentation include a valid and complete CDC vaccination card or electronic copy or a valid and complete vaccination record from the state registry.
Visitors of end-of-life patients are exempt from the vaccination and testing requirements. In addition, the following visitors have a limited exemption from the vaccination or testing requirements:
- Parent or guardian visitors of pediatric patients
- Support persons for a labor and delivery patient
- Support persons for a patient with physical, intellectual, developmental disability, or cognitive impairment are considered visitors who are visiting a patient in critical condition
As soon as reasonably possible, these visitors must comply with the vaccine verification or applicable testing requirements within 72 hours. They must still comply with other infection control and prevention requirements that apply to indoor visits.
Masks are still required for all visitors.
This state order is keeping with our commitment to providing a safe environment for our patients, visitors, employees and the people of the communities we serve.
Thank you for entrusting us with your healthcare needs. We wish you all the best on your path to continued health.
Current Visitor Policy
San Ramon Regional Medical Center is committed to taking the necessary and critical steps to ensure patients, visitors and staff in our hospital are safe and remain healthy.
The following visitor policy is currently in place:
- Visitor hours are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- All visitors must enter through the Main Lobby entrance
- Two visitors are permitted per patient
- ICU visitation must be scheduled by appointment only
- Visitors are not allowed in the Emergency Department
We understand certain situations will require an exception to the visitor policy, and unit leadership will consider further exceptions.
All visitors will be screened upon entry, provided a mask and asked to perform hand hygiene. For the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, masks are still required for all individuals at our facility and should be worn at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
Visitors are not allowed for COVID-19 patients and those under investigation.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this time.Please note: Visitor policy is subject to change pending updates from the county, state or federal recommendations.
Restrictions for Hospital Entry/Exit
- Hospital entry is only permitted through the Main Hospital Entrance / Main Lobby from 5am to 9pm (if needing to access the hospital after-hours, please enter through the Emergency Department entrance)
- For those heading to the Emergency Department please enter through the Emergency Department entrance at all times
- Expecting mothers may enter through the South Entrance of the hospital. Please call the number listed at the door, and our Family Birthing Center team will come out and escort you in to the hospital
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.