Comprehensive, customized services
If you have been diagnosed with a heart condition, we can help. The experienced staff at San Ramon Regional Medical Center is committed to bringing you top-notch, personalized heart health and cardiac care. Our services include emergency care, diagnosis, medical and surgical treatments, and rehabilitation. Our passionate, dedicated team collaborates on every case, keeping you and your family informed at every step of treatment. Among our offerings:
- Many types of non-invasive and interventional cardiology, with a wide range of surgery from minimally invasive to complex open-heart
- An advanced surgery suite designed especially for cardiac procedures
- Interventional diagnostics and treatments handled in our well-equipped digital cardiac catheterization laboratory
- A well-coordinated team with extensive experience in advanced techniques
In 2011, San Ramon Regional earned a Gold Performance Achievement Award Recognition Level for implementing the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines program that assures quality treatment for heart failure.
Emergency cardiac care
Our 24-hour Emergency Department is well-equipped and staffed with physicians and nurses experienced in diagnosing and treating heart conditions. Cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons and other specialists are on call for emergencies. The hospital is licensed to receive patients by ambulance through Contra Costa County and Alameda County Emergency Medical Services. San Ramon Regional is also a STEMI Receiving Center for Contra Costa County — using specialized cardiac procedures to treat the serious heart attacks known as STEMIs (ST-elevation myocardial infarction).
Comprehensive services for diagnosing heart disease include imaging, ultrasound and cardiac catheterization. Here are the services we may offer you:
- Routine chest X-rays
- Nuclear medicine
- Transthoracic echocardiography
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Echocardiography (stress)
- Bubble studies
Other diagnostic tests:
- Nuclear stress tests
- Holter monitoring
- Electrocardiography (including signal averaging EKGs)
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Tilt table test
We want you to be comfortable with you hospital experience before, during and after care. Our nurses give you and all patients the support you need. In a pre-operative meeting, our cardiac surgery nurse director meets with you and your family to educate you on what to expect. We ask about personal preferences, fears or concerns, and that information is shared with the entire care team.
During the surgery or procedure, our cardiac team functions like a well-oiled machine, both in the operating room and out. After surgery a team of respiratory therapists, dietitians and physical therapists will work with you.