Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for Me?
How will you know if bariatric surgery is right for you?
You may be a candidate if you have more than one of these conditions:
- You are 75 lbs. over your ideal weight or have a BMI of 40 or higher
- You have weight-related conditions like type 2 diabetes, heart disease or sleep apnea
- You understand and accept the risks and benefits of bariatric surgery
- You understand and accept your eating habits must change after weight loss surgery
- You want to make the necessary lifestyle changes
You may have heard you need a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or higher or a BMI of 35-39 associated with at least two co-morbidities to be considered for weight loss surgery. But what is BMI?
BMI is a general indicator of health based on a standard ratio of weight to height. Your BMI can help gauge your risk of certain diseases that can occur in people that have a higher percentage of body mass. Among those diseases are diabetes, sleep apnea and heart disease.
The higher your BMI, the greater your risk may be. A BMI of 40 is about 100 lbs. or more over “normal” weight. You don’t need to worry about figuring out your BMI because the team at San Ramon Regional Medical Center will calculate that for you.
When you’re ready to make a change in your life, we’re here to help you on the journey to a better you.
Find a Bariatric Physician and Schedule a Consultation
Take a risk assessment to find out if you are a candidate for surgical weight loss.
It's finally time - a journey to a better you!
It's time to...
Believe in yourself like we believe in you.
Take control of your health and wellness.
Begin to live the life you always wanted.
We will be with you every step of the way to a new you…
San Ramon Regional Medical Center’s comprehensive bariatric program includes a compassionate team of bariatric physicians and medical weight loss team members who will create a customized weight loss wellness plan to provide you with tools you need to succeed.
We believe in a holistic approach to bariatric weight loss that offers not just surgical options but includes nutrition, exercise and behavior modification. Along the way, you’ll have our team to guide you through your journey and be your advocate.
If you’ve struggled through diet and exercise, but you’re still not meeting your goals, perhaps it’s time to consider a surgical weight loss approach. Through minimally invasive procedures, your body will begin to help itself.
This isn’t just about changing how you look; it’s about reclaiming and recharging your life.
Our weight loss program can have a positive impact in varying degrees for each of these health conditions.
- Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol
- Sleep apnea
- Joints that ache with every move
- Feeling breathless, tired and having difficulty walking
- Purchasing clothes at regular stores
- Wearing seat belts that fit on airplanes and amusement park rides
- Playing with your children or grandchildren
- Being able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them
- Having a healthy relationship with food and knowing how to properly fuel your body
This journey starts with you and with San Ramon Regional Medical Center’s weight loss services. Take the first step to living a healthier life.