San Ramon Regional Medical Center Hosting Healthy Over Hungry Cereal Drive June 7-14Oct 1, 2019
San Ramon Regional Medical Center is leading a community effort to provide area children struggling with hunger with a healthy breakfast during the summer through its Healthy Over Hungry Cereal Drive. The drive kicks off Friday, June 7, and runs through Friday, June 14. All donations will stay local and will benefit the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano.
"As a hospital that serves the Tri-Valley area, we care about the wellbeing of everyone in our community," said Ann Lucena, CEO of San Ramon Regional Medical Center. "Nutrition is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. We hope this drive will help offer a balanced breakfast to individuals in our community who struggle with food insecurity."
Whole-grain cereal, when part of a healthy, balanced breakfast including dairy, fruit and lean protein, is a popular food item that experts say can easily address the hunger gap during the summer months when children are not in school. Healthy cereal contains one serving of whole grain, no more than 200 calories per serving, six grams or less of sugar and at least three grams of fiber per serving. It should also be free of artificial colors and dyes.
Donations of healthy cereal to the Healthy Over Hungry Cereal Drive can be dropped off June 7-14 at the following locations:
- San Ramon Regional Medical Center: 6001 Norris Canyon Road
- San Ramon Regional Medical Center, Outpatient Surgery Center: 5801 Norris Canyon Road
- San Ramon Regional Medical Center, South Building: 7777 Norris Canyon Road
- Tresanti Surgery Center: 5201 Norris Canyon Road
- Medical Center Office Buildings: 5401 Norris Canyon Road and 5601 Norris Canyon Road
- Club Sport: 350 Bollinger Canyon Lane
To make a donation online, please click here.