New Grad RN Residency Program Launches at SRRMCMar 1, 2023
San Ramon Regional Medical Center has launched its New Grad RN Residency Program.
The comprehensive, evidence-based onboarding program is designed to nurture and develop newly graduated nurses as they transition from students to professional practitioners.
The one-year program is designed to help new graduate nurses transition into their clinical roles and instill confidence by supporting nurse residents’ specialized needs. The curriculum combines interactive classes and skills labs with real-time, hands-on experience to help nurses gain judgment, skills and confidence.
The San Ramon Regional Medical Center program combines education from professional educators, trained preceptors and seasoned mentors.
The RN Residency Program:
- Offered three times a year in February, July and September
- Comprehensive one-year program
- The first 3 weeks are classroom-based, covering the SRRMC RN’s role regarding policies, procedures, skills and various patient care topics
- The next 6-8 weeks are spent precepting full-time in the unit (specialty areas orient 12-16 weeks)
- RNs will be hired primarily in the Med-Tele unit, but specialty areas are available
- Must have valid unrestricted CA RN license
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program within the past 18 months
- Current AHA BLS certification required
- References - Must include 3 Letters of Recommendation (at least 2 must be from nursing instructors, the third may be from either a nursing instructor or a Clinical Preceptor 3)
- Copy of your final transcript indicating the date nursing degree conferred
- Please include any additional related certifications (i.e., ACLS, etc.)