The da Vinci™ Surgical System from Intuitive Surgical, Inc. – a computer-enhanced minimally invasive surgical system – consists of a surgeon console, patient-side cart, instruments and image processing equipment.
InSite™ Vision System
- Dual 3-chip digital cameras take surgery "inside" the patient.
- True 3-D vision provides the surgeon a minimally invasive 3-D view of the surgical field including depth of field, magnification and high resolution.
- Aids the surgeon in identifying vital anatomy such as the delicate nerves and blood vessels surrounding specific anatomy.
- Reproduce movements of the human hand, wrists and fingers.
- Range of motion allows precision suturing, dissection and tissue manipulation.
- Allow the surgeon dexterity not available using conventional laparoscopic instruments to perform a delicate and precise surgical dissection, reconstruction or removal of specific tissue.
What are the benefits of using the da Vinci™ Surgical System?
For the patient, numerous benefits common in existing laparoscopic procedures including reduced bleeding, less pain, smaller risk of internal scarring, shorter hospital stay and faster recovery are possible. For the surgeon, an expected benefit is the ability to perform complex minimally invasive procedures as if they were performing open surgery procedures while seated at the console.
The da Vinci™ Surgical System has been approved for use for a variety of surgical procedures.
For questions or additional information, call 925.275.8206 or contact us at